Thursday, February 25, 2010

Keep Calm. Lick a Brow.

1. I would like to say Kudos to Rachel's Ode to Bruke. We (the other wives) are most definitely all waiting on our own personal ode's.

2. My most recent ideas for employment include tap dancing on top of a piano on the corner of mainstreet in rexburg...Stark Naked... (with an upside down hat out beside me of course), talking my friends into paying me for being their friend...(which is a large privelage on their part), OR becoming a pretend debt collector. Your opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

3. I would like to give my respects to those who truly enjoy doing nothing. I always thought that I was one of those people... until I became one.Don't get me wrong... doing nothing while high on spray paint or in the company of my lovers is one thing... doing nothing in a nothing way... is another. Now... I feel that I am a mermaid swimming in molasses. EW.

4. As I was walking down the hall towards a religion Class that I was attending with Taylor and Alex, I was stopped in my tracks by the beautiful painting of 'Elevation of the Cross' by Peter Paul Reubens... from the 1800's and was reminded of how much Art truly moves me... and Man as a whole. It moves man to change and gives them a vision of what they can change into. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said... "Fiction gives real life inspiration to proceed." Though many paintings are documentation of real events... they are fiction in the sense that they sprang from someone elses perception of them. The fruit of the mind is something to be cherished and sought after. After all.. what is reality? What is Fact? We all perceive things so completely different, that I feel studying the perceptions of others is a worthy endeaver in the effort to expand our mind's eye. The desire to create is innate...and whether we are creating things with our hands, our minds, our mouths, or simply appreciating what others have created... I feel that creation in general is something to be acknowledged and pondered.

5. I will now be adding some long procrastinated pictures of the Red Desk Ship. Enjoy.

Goodbye Lovers. Go get Zen.




">

1 comment: